OPT-OUT iframe problem

Hi there,

running on latest version - on a joomla 2.5.24

the iframe for the optout was not working anymore - so i pasted the iframe from settings>Privacy settings again

no success again - this is the error message i get
same for firefox and opera browser

[attachment 1882 2014-09-0118_21_20-PiwikOptOut-Opera.png]

Any Help?

and another error message …

[attachment 1883 2014-09-0210_06_19-PiwikSignin-Opera.png]

do you need any further information?

what is your URL to the iframe ?

<iframe style="border: 0; height: 200px; width: 600px;" src="http://berndjung.com/piwik/index.php?module=CoreAdminHome&action=optOut&language=en"></iframe>

URL to the site where the optout option should be reachable
http://berndjung.com/impressum/14-sonstiges/28-piwik-optout

i got the same problem since update to 2.6.0 RC1 :S

here still on 2.6.0-b1

looks to me like a misspelling - there is no file “outOut.twig”, but there is a file in plugins/CoreAdminHome/templates “optOut.twig”.

So it would be easy to correct, if we’d know, where the call to this file is in the source-code?

edit: quick workaround: i copied the optOut.twig and renamed it to outOut.twig and the opt-out-iframe is working again (tu)

@phil_hb:
that sounded like a nice and quick workaround …
did not work for me …

from my homepage the browser is jumping to

http://berndjung.com/piwik/index.php?module=CoreAdminHome&action=optOut&language=en

… shows the piwik login screen with the error message
Error: The parameter ‘idSite=’ is missing from the request.
(as seen in my second post)

@Matt: should I update to 2.6.0 RC1

Thank you very much for the bug report! I have fixed it in: Fix opt out iframe and add screenshot test to ensure we don't regress ¡ matomo-org/matomo@7e90ac9 ¡ GitHub

and added a test case so we notice it in the future and don’t break it: Fix opt out iframe and add screenshot test to ensure we don’t regress · matomo-org/matomo-ui-tests@fac5de0 · GitHub

seems the “idSite is missing”-error is still there (in 2.6.1) when you’re not logged in to piwik.

when i’m logged in, everything is fine!

Thanks for the report phil_hb - unfortunately we didn’t catch this bug, would you mind creating an issue in our issue tracker? Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

Done.

And thanks for your fast replies! (When do you sleep?)

just want to add, that this is a pretty urgent bug, as piwik is no longer privacy compliant and can cause legal steps against piwik-users especially as the forwarding to the error-site overrides privacy- and cookie-policies, where the opt-out-iframe is mostly integrated!

so everyone should wait before upgrading to 2.6.x before this is fixed.

I have a blank iframe output after updating to 2.6.1.
The iframe src url works ok, when inserted directly to browser!

Please help!

Markus

i have the same problem with the iframe. is it possible to downgrade piwik to 2.6.0?

Ok, I installed this patch: Allow opt-out to be shown within an iframe on other domains by Guite ¡ Pull Request #6132 ¡ matomo-org/matomo ¡ GitHub

It worked!

@mkrystek thanks for your tip, works all fine again

@matt: did you check this out:

I have a blank iframe output after updating to 2.6.1.
The iframe src url works ok, when inserted directly to browser!

I had the same blank page after upgrade. This is caused by a new x-frame-options header set to sameorigin. If Piwik is hosted on another domain, you will get a blank screen. It should be possible to deactivate this policy in settings.

ok …

installed this patch also -> Allow opt-out to be shown within an iframe on other domains by Guite ¡ Pull Request #6132 ¡ matomo-org/matomo ¡ GitHub

now is working again

BUT: my homepage and the piwik installation is on the same domain !?
xxx.com
xxx.com/piwik/

BTW: on my website, piwik and the page with iframe are on the same domain (but different subdomains).