Opencart plugin

has anyone tried to integrate piwik with OpenCart?

when there will be a plugin?

thanks

We would love to see a plugin as well. If you know one or develop one, please let us know, we would like to add it to: Integrations - Analytics Platform - Matomo

I definitely would like a plugin for OpenCart.

There already is an OpenCart Plugin but it costs $10 for the add-on. It a VQmod style plugin, so does no permanent modification to the code. I am personally integrating this plugin in currently to a new site that I took on for remote admin work. Will post if I see anything bad, wrong about it.

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=extension/extension/info&extension_id=8055

There are others who have just used the GA section in the templates to put their Piwik tracking code in and have decent results without a plugin. Of course your mileage will probably vary with this method.

HTH

Hi vwyoda. Thanks, but I decided a few days ago to go with nopCommerce.

Does anybody know if there’s a way to use Piwik with nopCommerce?

Thanks!

I am sure you could modify the code and create a patch to integrate easily for each release of your commerce choice.

But as far as a plugin goes I see nothing in a quick search and I see multiple posts on their forums asking about a plugin with never a response to the questions asked. So looks like you might be having to craft your own solution.

Good luck.

Thanks. That’s what I thought, too.

[quote=vwyoda]
I am sure you could modify the code and create a patch to integrate easily for each release of your commerce choice.

But as far as a plugin goes I see nothing in a quick search and I see multiple posts on their forums asking about a plugin with never a response to the questions asked. So looks like you might be having to craft your own solution.

Good luck.[/quote]

Question about OpenCart, why is the plugin even needed?

There is a section to add in GA tracking code in the default setup. If you put the Piwik tracking code in there or even the tracking code setup for the Hide URL scheme it works.

Since this actually puts the tracking code in is there something bad about doing it this way? I am starting to setup Piwik to track stats on a e-commerce store and just wondering why the plugin is needed and if the code being in that section versus Piwik’s stated way in the Doc’s for putting the code in

Thanks.

The OpenCart plugin should implement Ecommerce tracking: Ecommerce Analytics - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Just released :slight_smile: 301 Moved Permanently

Thanks for the great contrib! I added it to the list at: Integrations - Analytics Platform - Matomo and linked to your page. keep up the good work!