Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please contact your Matomo administrator for assistance

Hello,

I have the above error message and don’t find any error in the php and apache log (Debian Server):

Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again. If this error occurs repeatedly please contact your Matomo administrator for assistance. 

It happens what ever the number of days asked and the archive Cron seems to work perfectly…

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you

Hi,

Do you see the message after the website loads for quite some time? Then maybe the request just takes longer than the max_execution_time set up in your PHP config and the request is aborted.

No the pages are loaded normally, quickly and this message appears.
I’ve run the cron archive log manually and all is OK.

You might also want to take a look at the Matomo log for the exact error:

Thank you, is it a permission problem ?
Which permision it should be ?

ERROR Piwik\FrontController[2021-04-26 15:35:50 UTC] [71481] Uncaught exception: /var/www/thivinfo.com/stats/plugins/CoreVisualizations/templates/_dataTableViz_htmlTable.twig(52): An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Unable to write in the cache directory (/var/www/thivinfo.com/stats/tmp/templates_c/c7).").
ERROR Piwik\FrontController[2021-04-26 15:35:50 UTC] [71481] An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Unable to write in the cache directory (/var/www/thivinfo.com/stats/tmp/templates_c/c7).").

at the moment it’s 774

It was a problem with a wrong apache user.
Problem solved, thank you @Lukas for pointing me on logs

1 Like