Only one site out of 5 sites is tracking since update to 1.6

Hi,

Since updating to 1.6 only one out of 5 sites is tracking properly the others only show ‘visitors in real time’ in the dashboard and the visitor log everything else page titles, search engines etc is empty (No data for this graph). The one that works fine is the first site I added to Piwi.

I’ve checked that the tracking code is being outputted correctly and is just before the last /body tag, I’ve checked the htaccess files and they’re all the same and I don’t use https.

I’ve tried adding new sites but they will only show visitors in real time and nothing else and I’ve tried deleting the sites that don’t work and adding them again.

Have you done How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo or do you use the default setup?

Do you have any error on screen or in your webserver error log?

Auto archive is by cron and there’s nothing in the error log.

Run the cron manually via SSH and check it is not generating any errors. This used to happen to me with theSegmentation fault problem that is common.

Hi,

I don’t have access via ssh - I’m deleting the existing cron and making a new one to see if that helps.

Worth a try but the new cron didn’t work - also tried updating Archive.php from the SVN.

Try creating the a log file for the cron.

change /dev/null to /home/myuser/piwik_cron_results.log ( change path to yours of course )

Hi,
How to I get the cron to write to the log, I’m using cpanel.

You can record the output of the archive.sh or archive.php script by changing the cron configuration from:

5 * * * * www-data /path/to/piwik/misc/cron/archive.sh > /dev/null

to:

5 * * * * www-data /path/to/piwik/misc/cron/archive.php URL_TO_PIWIK > /path/to/piwik/tmp/archive.log

/path/to/piwik/tmp/archive.log will then contain the log output. please paste it here or MP with link to this forum post

Hi,

After updating the cron the piwi logs are still empty .
I’ve also tried reinstalling piwi and downgrading to 1.5 - neither worked.

It’s not possible the logs are empty, so probably your cron is not executed?

Hi,
Which is correct?
5 * * * * www-data /home/myusername/public_html/misc/cron/archive.php /home/myusername/public_html/piwik.log
5 * * * * www-data /home/myusername/public_html/misc/cron/archive.php http://mysite.com/piwik.log

Me again,

I set the cron to email me each time it runs -
With 5 * * * * www-data /home/myusername/public_html/misc/cron/archive.php /home/myusername/public_html/piwik.log I got permission denied (I checked that archive.php and the log file were both writeable)

With the normal cron job (5 * * * * www-data /path/to/piwik/misc/cron/archive.sh )
The email tells me that it’s archiving site id 2 (the one that works) and then at the end it says:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/me/public_html/core/DataTable.php on line 1022

I’ve upped the memory limit in the php.ini to 2gigs but am still getting the memory error, total daily visits of combined sites is less than 2000.

I’m not sure what happened there (have your sessions had a glitch) but I made the previous post not ‘john harris’ whoever he may be :S

but I made the previous post not ‘john harris’ whoever he may be confused smiley
It was a spam post which got deleted after email notifications.

I’ve upped the memory limit in the php.ini to 2gigs but am still getting the memory error, total daily visits of combined sites is less than 2000.

Please update to 1.7 beta and use the new archive.php script, it should work a lot better!!

Hi Matt,

I’ve updated to 1.7 and it’s managing to archive more on the cron before running out of memory so I get some stats but lots are missing e.g. keywords and search engines. however I can get these manually by temporarily switching to browser archiving. I guess it’s just too much memory for my web host to cope with :slight_smile: