Odd login bug

odd bug. Have to login twice each time I want to use piwik. Login never works 1st time, always works 2nd time, i.e. I can login. Anyone else having this problem. I am using Firefox, but this problem also happens with Chrome.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? It is not a big deal, since I CAN login the 2nd time I try. However there must be something that could be fixed up here.

Hi Jimfre,

any Plugins installed that have sth. to do with caching?
E.g. Web Developer Tools, Bettercache etc.

Check settings over there first.
Then check caching settings in FF itself.

Hope that helps.

BR, Mariusz

Users with reverse proxies or browsers that double load/pre-fetch pages (e.g., browser extensions such as YSlow and Firebug) have been shown to prevent people from logging in.

I believe this has been addressed in the upcoming 0.6 release.

[quote=Mariusz @ Apr 5 2010, 08:36 PM]Hi Jimfre,

any Plugins installed that have sth. to do with caching?
E.g. Web Developer Tools, Bettercache etc.

Check settings over there first.
Then check caching settings in FF itself.

Hope that helps.

BR, Mariusz[/quote]

No plugins installed like the ones you are describing. I did clear cache, and I tried this in Firefox and Chrome.
same result. As I mentioned not a serious bug, just a quirky one.

Thank you for your efforts to resolve

[quote=vipsoft @ Apr 5 2010, 09:16 PM]Users with reverse proxies or browsers that double load/pre-fetch pages (e.g., browser extensions such as YSlow and Firebug) have been shown to prevent people from logging in.

I believe this has been addressed in the upcoming 0.6 release.[/quote]

cache was cleared in both Firefox and Chrome. No browser extensions such as Yslow and Firebug (I do have firebug but it is not activated.) I login to various websites (not forums) and do not have this issue except with Piwik. As I am saying, this is not a serious bug, merely a quirky one.

For what I am seeing of Piwik in my first day’s usage, I think it is a fantastic tool. I am really glad I have it. The reason I DID get it is the fact that the default web analyzer tool provided by my hosting server company lost data or became corrupted (WebAnalyzer). This tool uses logs. April 1 stats went from 1047 to 7 after 1 hour this past Saturday. When I complained to the support IT team at the hosting service, they said there was no error. I got a wee bit irritated, and when I finally made a phone call (not email) the help desk clerk told me to get Piwik. I am glad I did…