Not receiving PDF report by mail

Hi
I have added the three lines you have provided.

I have logged out and logged in again and went to email reports and clicked send report now for the weekly report, this sent an email with the monthly report in (after a while of thinking about it)

I then clicked on send report now for the monthly report which sent the email this time and contains a monthly report.

So now that the email sending is fixed, how can we fix the reports so that the email and the report for the weekly option is the correct one.

Also, which line is it that dictates the wording in the email? The wording currently says

Hello,
Please find in attached file your Monthly report for domainname.com

I may prefer to change this to something else like

Hi
Please find attached your weekly report. If you have any queries in understanding this information please feel free to reply to this email and I’ll be happy to look into your questions

or something like that…

So now that the email sending is fixed, how can we fix the reports so that the email and the report for the weekly option is the correct one.

is there a bug left after adding this 3 line or is it all working ok? you might have to wait next week/month to receive reports

As per my post above there is still a big, the weekly report sends the monthly report!

Also I asked how to modify the wording in the email?

As per my post above there is still a big, the weekly report sends the monthly report!
It sends the report for the date currently selected. But when it will send automatically it wil be for the right date.

Not possible yet to customize email message.

Thank you for your response, I will change the selected period and test this just to be sure

HI
just to confirm I have changed the selected period and clicked send report now and it works a dream. I believe all report sending issues have been resolved we will just wait until the monday when the cron runs for the weekly reports, I assume it will be fine, but it’s not I will let you kbnow. Thank you for your awesome support !!

Thanks for teh bug report, if you experience it hundreds others would have as well… awesome we got it fixed before release!

What 3 lines ?? I just updated to the latest version and the PDF or HTML by email STILL do not work. Furthermore, I cannot find a direct answer for this issue and I have been using this PIWIK for a year.

Thanks

Barron