Not able to access Piwik on my website?

Hello all,

I installed Piwik on a new subdomain on my website, but when I put in the website address, I’m not seeing what I should be seeing according to the documentation. Can anyone provide suggestions?

Erica

(Stefan Giehl) #2

When you have uploaded Piwik to your webspace of the subdomain, you should see the installation the first time you access Piwik.

Ok, I did that, but I don’t see the installation. This is the subdomain I uploaded Piwik to: piwik.myebookjourney.com.

(Stefan Giehl) #4

Guess you need to move the files one folder above. You currently have the piwik files in a piwik subfolder.
So you could access it via Sign in - Piwik
Move them and you should be able to access it directly.

Ok, I was finally able to access Piwik on my website, however when I started the installation process, I got this message for the tracker status:

GET request to piwik.php failed. Try whitelisting this URL from HTTP Authentication and disable mod_security (you may have to ask your webhost).
After making this change, restart your web server.

What do I do now?

thanks for all your help!

Erica

Nevermind, I figured out that was optional, but I do have another question - I’ve moved on to the Database set-up, and when I try to set up my database I’m getting this message: Error while trying to connect to the database server:
Connection refused.

Ideas on what could be causing this?

I figured it out! Got Piwik installed, just waiting for it to start pulling data now…

Thanks everyone for your help.

Erica