Not able to access Piwik on my website?

Hello all,

I installed Piwik on a new subdomain on my website, but when I put in the website address, I’m not seeing what I should be seeing according to the documentation. Can anyone provide suggestions?

Erica

When you have uploaded Piwik to your webspace of the subdomain, you should see the installation the first time you access Piwik.

Ok, I did that, but I don’t see the installation. This is the subdomain I uploaded Piwik to: piwik.myebookjourney.com.

Guess you need to move the files one folder above. You currently have the piwik files in a piwik subfolder.
So you could access it via Sign in - Piwik
Move them and you should be able to access it directly.

Ok, I was finally able to access Piwik on my website, however when I started the installation process, I got this message for the tracker status:

GET request to piwik.php failed. Try whitelisting this URL from HTTP Authentication and disable mod_security (you may have to ask your webhost).
After making this change, restart your web server.

What do I do now?

thanks for all your help!

Erica

Nevermind, I figured out that was optional, but I do have another question - I’ve moved on to the Database set-up, and when I try to set up my database I’m getting this message: Error while trying to connect to the database server:
Connection refused.

Ideas on what could be causing this?

I figured it out! Got Piwik installed, just waiting for it to start pulling data now…

Thanks everyone for your help.

Erica