No weekly reports anymore in 1.5.1

Since I’ve upgraded to Piwik 1.5.1, some of the installations I am responsible for suddenly have stopped to send their e-mail-reports. Reports have been working without problems over the past versions. Any idea?

There are no problems with the web or email servers.

Just to add: The cronjob is active, running and has chmod +x permissions.

Can you check your webserver error logs?

Yes I did, but there’s nothing in it concerning Piwik.

Does daily and monthly reports work as expected ?

Does manually sending a report work as expected ?

I got the same problem after updating to version 1.5.1. No automatic sending of email reports.
I can only start the reports manually.

Same here… I installed Piwik 1.5.1 fresh. Never used it before.
I added a daily report of visitors for my friends site and it never arrived.
When I click on the manually send button it does arrive!

Also I can’t seem to modify Settings --> General Settings (as a superuser/admin)
Keep getting a continues loading of the screen but nothing changes. I chmod the whole Piwik installtion as 777 to see if it works, but no go…

Any help would be nice :slight_smile:

Strange that the admin screen does not load, is there any error in your webserver error log?

If your browser gets stuck loading, then chances are your host/site blocked the request (eg mod_security, firewall, etc).

Not that I’m complaining, but the original topic, i.e. no reports are sent anymore hasn’t been touched throughout this thread at all. It is obviously not only my five different installations of Piwik having this issue…

@matt: Questions about my error logs are a waste of time - In my original post I explicitly wrote that there was nothing wrong with my webserver.

@JulienM: Questions on which type of report isn’t working anymore is a waste of time, too - In my original post I explicitly wrote that everything used to work fine until the upgrade to 1.5.1. If the type of report not working should matter, you didn’t provide enough information for me to do specific tests.

As reports (manually and automatic) have been working well in previous versions, and as meanwhile nothing has changed within the configuration of my webserver, the problem must obviously be within Piwik itself.

I would really like to provide more detailed information, but until now nobody has been asking for it and more than that, I don’t feel that anyone is interested in dealing with this problem.

Do manual reports work and get emailed if you manually click on “Send now”?

Otherwise, please send FTP server + login/pwd + piwik URL + login+pwd + if possible phpmyadmin access to the piwik DB, with link to this forum post, and I’ll do my best to look into it!

Is there any list about what I can add into the config.ini.php manually?
Like I added some stuff I found about e-mails in some FAQ on the site.

And perhaps im looking over it if such information is there already.

Only error i have in the log is:
Mon Aug 22 07:04:32 2011] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /chroot/home/mushynl/mushy.nl/html/piwik/core/DataTable/Manager.php on line 122, referer

http://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/#faq_95

We saw this with ours after upgrading to 1.5.1 on our production domain. One of the users was receiving reports on a daily basis and they suddenly stopped after the upgrade for one of the sites. I just logged in with the admin console and set up a new one report to send out. Works with admin account but not theirs.

would be nice if somebody could post any progress on this!

I didn’t get reports, too! (all kinds of)…

Yes, I can manually send reports.

I have no intentions to become rude, so please don’t get it wrong, but:

How about the root password? Or maybe even power of attorney for bank matters? Seriously, we are not talking about systems that exist just to play with them, we are talking about systems in productive use, sometimes also storing personal data which has to be protected according to privacy laws. Most of the sites are not my own, I’m just the one who keeps them running. Of course I can’t allow someone else to login there, even if it’s all private websites or small and unimportant non-profit associations.

The first thing is: Reports have been working fine before version 1.5.1. Afterwards they don’t anymore. No error messages show up in any logfile. I therefore suggest to look for the problem in the sourcecode and not to blame the users for an (unreasonably) assumed faulty configuration.

The other thing is: Quite a lot of people have answered to this thread already, stating that they can confirm this issue.

I repeat: I will - if possible - provide any information requested and will do any test required. Unfortunately I haven’t been asked for it until now.

Of course when I ask for access I only request access to piwik files & database, if you can’t provide them I fully understand.

Any update on this?