No visitors

I posted this in another thread but as requested here is a seperate thread for this problem.

After upgrading to 1.10.1 after a couple of days I noticed that no visits are being logged. Dug in to it and found the problem source (but no fix yet!). Last week at 00.45 my GeoIP database got updated. After that no visitors are being tracked.

This is that the php logging shows:

[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 2 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 3 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 4 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 5 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 2 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 3 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 4 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627
[07-Feb-2013 09:21:09 UTC] PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 5 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627

And when I go to the geoplugin config page I get a page with this

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 1.10.1) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in \libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:627]
#1 _geoip_seek_country(…) called at [\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:672]
#2 _get_org(…) called at [\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:694]
#3 geoip_name_by_addr(…) called at [\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:698]
#4 geoip_org_by_addr(…) called at [\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider\GeoIp\Php.php:149]
#5 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp_Php->getLocation(…) called at [\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider\GeoIp.php:87]
#6 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp->isWorking(…) called at [\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider\GeoIp\Php.php:201]
#7 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp_Php->isWorking(…) called at [\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider.php:227]
#8 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider::getAllProviderInfo(…) called at [\plugins\UserCountry\Controller.php:40]
#9 Piwik_UserCountry_Controller->adminIndex(…) called at [:]
#10 call_user_func_array(…) called at [\core\FrontController.php:138]
#11 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [\index.php:53]

Today I dug some more and found a zero bytes file in the misc. directory concerning the geo data. However I was not able to get my installation running again.

I decided to reinstall piwik but with the 1.10.1 version I was unsuccesfull. I wiped the root directory of the website and uploaded a fresh copy of piwik. Right after the first page at the beginning of the install I get an error about not being able to write to /tmp. This is odd as there are some files being created in the root of the website, session files are being written in the /tmp folder etc. Tried it a couple of times and decided to go back to 1.9.2 as that was the last good working version.

Installer works and I was able to reconnect the old database and now logging is working again. However 1.10.1 is a no go for me.

Running piwik as a website in Azure with a cleardb MySQL database.

Thnx

Frank

PS found this thread

[forum.piwik.org], looks like the same problem.

Last question
when you upgraded did you also configure the Automatic Geoip upgrades in the UI or not ?

Yes I did!

Have you tried to maually replace the GEOip dat file and see if that helps?

Yes did that. Did not work.

Can you try with the latest files from GIT as we have fixed some bugs! otherwise wait for next beta coming next few days

An update to 1.11.1 worked perfectly.