No traffic reported - obviously an error

I’m new to all this.

I installed piwik (with the help of my host support), and it appears to be working except that I have had zero visitors since piwik was installed. However, when I go to my basic analytics page provided by my host, there are a large number of page visits. Obviously, something isn’t right, and I have no clue where to look. I reviewed all of the settings, and everything appears to be correct. Any suggestions?

I believe I found my problem. I did not copy the tracking code into the pages of my website. I will do that, and hope that is the issue.

Tracking code is definitely required :slight_smile: we hope to make it clearer what to do when there is no visit Build visual feedback to assist users when there is no data to show (why?) · Issue #404 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

That was absolutely my problem. Never having done this before, I guess I was just expecting some sort of “magical” program. I have since copied the tracking code to each page of my website, and it seems to be working now. Thank you.