No tracking of downloads in 3.0

Hi All,

I have unfortunately no experience with Piwik, which is why I turn to you with my request:

When I click on “Actions” and “Downloads”, I only see the message “There is no data available for this report.” But according to FAQ No. 471, Piwik is recording the downloads automatically - or did I something misunderstand?

What do I have to do, if I would like to know which PDF files were downloaded and how often?

Sorry for my beginner question.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Andreas

Hi again,

the site on which downloads should be tracked is the website of the German Mycological Society. This is the tracking code in the source code of the homepage:

[code]

[/code]

The enableLinkTracking() function isn’t commented out so the tracking of downloads should be able.

It would be great if you could give me a hint what’s going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Andreas

Hallo Andreas,

ich bin zwar auch relativ neuer Nutzer von Piwik, aber so ein ähnliches Problem hatte ich auch.

Die Lösung war SSL. Ich habe gesehen, die HP läuft unter SSL. Läuft die Subdomain auch mit SSL?
Wenn das nicht so ist, dann gibt es Probleme…

Gruß
Michael

Hallo Michael,

Danke für Dein Interesse: Tatsächlich läuft nur die www-Subdomain via SSL, die stats-Subdomain mit Piwik jedoch nicht.

Wie hast Du das Problem bei Dir gelöst: Ein zweites Zertifikat für die zweite Subdomain dazugenommen oder Piwik auf der gleichen Domain laufen lassen?

Gruß, Andreas

Hello Michael,

thanks for your interest: In fact, only the www subdomain runs with SSL, but the stats subdomain with Piwik does not.

How did you solve the problem: Did you add a second certificate for the second subdomain or did you set up Piwik on the www domain?

Regards, Andreas

Hallo Andreas,

ich habe für meine Subdomain ein extra Zertifikat eingerichtet. Falls Du mehrere Domains verwaltest, wenn Piwik mit SSL läuft, dann kannst Du auch Seiten ohne SSL problemlos tracken - nur umgekehrt macht es Probleme.

Viel Erfolg :slight_smile:

Hallo Michael,

danke für die Auskunft.

Schönes Wochenende

Andreas

Hello Michael,
hello All,

the stats subdomain with Piwik is meanwhile accessible via HTTPS with its own SSL certificate, but unfortunately still no downloads are tracked. :disappointed:

I’m slow in despair. Does anyone have another solution approach?

Edit: The mobile app for Android devices doesn’t work anymore. I’ve got this error message:

Network Error

There was an error “Handshake failed”. The request returned the status “0”. URL was “https://stats.dgfm-ev.de/index.php”. Please check your entered URL and the error logs on this server for more information about the error and how to resolve it.

[Ok]

Regards, Andreas

Hallo Michael,
hallo beisammen,

die stats-Subdomain mit Piwik ist mittlerweile über HTTPS mit einem eigenen SSL-Zertifikat erreichbar, aber leider werden immer noch keine Downloads erfasst. :disappointed:

Bin langsam am Verzweifeln. Hat noch jemand einen anderen Lösungsansatz?

Nachtrag: Die mobile App für Android-Geräte funktioniert nicht mehr. Ich erhalte folgende Fehlermeldung:

Network Error

There was an error “Handshake failed”. The request returned the status “0”. URL was “https://stats.dgfm-ev.de/index.php”. Please check your entered URL and the error logs on this server for more information about the error and how to resolve it.

[Ok]

Gruß, Andreas

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin noch die Lösung schuldig, weshalb keine Downloads getrackt werden:

Piwik trackt standardmäßig Dateien, wenn die Downloadlinks mit Endungen wie zum Beispiel .pdf oder .zip schließen: New to Piwik - Analytics Platform - Piwik

Dateien, die jedoch auf der Website über das Plugin “reAttachment” in Artikel eingebunden werden, verwenden jedoch keine solchen Downloadlinks, sondern Verweise nach diesem Muster:
https://www.dgfm-ev.de/ausbildung-und-service/pilzsachverstaendiger/wie-werde-ich-psv?reattachment=2fdf110937028739103962b5e3b7b6e0

Eine mögliche Lösung wäre die Kennzeichnung von Downloadlinks mit einer bestimmten Klasse:
https://developer.piwik.org/guides/tracking-javascript-guide#recording-a-click-as-a-download

Wird beim nächsten großen Update umgesetzt.

Leider kann ich die Piwik-App nach wie vor nicht benutzen. :frowning:

Gruß, Andreas

Hallo,

Schön, dass du eine Lösung gefunden hast.

Wegen der handy app: kannst du deine piwik instance mal hier testen: SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)
Möglicherweise ist ein Fehler in der ssl Konfiguration.

Wenn du willst, kannst du mir auch eine Nachricht mit der url schicken, dann schaue ich es mir an.