No Historical Data

Hi. I am using the Matomo wordpress plugin and in the dash can only see data for Visits in real-time and no data in the widgets for Visits over time etc. Would I need to configure historical data somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dion

Hi,

Matomo regularily runs a job that’s creating all reports from the raw data.
For testing you can trigger it manually here: System Report => Troubleshooting. There’s a button to trigger the archiving.

Hi Lukas,

I did as you suggested and go the following error -

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 589 of the file /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php. Error message: Uncaught Exception: 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors. in /home/XXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php:589
Stack trace:
#0 /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php(582): Piwik\CronArchive->logFatalError(‘1 total errors …’)
#1 /home/dion/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php(326): Piwik\CronArchive->end()
#2 /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/Access.php(639): Piwik\CronArchive->Piwik{closure}()
#3 /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/core/CronArchive.php(327): Piwik\Access::doAsSuperUser(Object(Closure))
#4 /home/dion/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/classes/WpMatomo/ScheduledTasks.php(216): Piwik\CronArchive->main()
#5 /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/classes/WpMatomo/Admin/SystemReport.php(68): WpMatomo\ScheduledTasks->archive(true)
#6 /home/XXXX/public_html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/classes/WpMatomo/Ad

Any idea what could be the cause?

Also, I have read the associated documentation to setup auto-archiving but cannot find the page in which to change the settings. I am using the latest wordpress plugin version of Matomo.

Hi there, in WordPress you don’t need to setup auto-archiving as this is done for you automatically. Is there any chance that you could enable WP_DEBUG so that when you click on the archive button it might show as the actual error? The above stack trace is only the stack trace for handling the error but not the actual error.

The dump is fairly big. How can I get it to you?

Any chance you could email it to wordpress at matomo.org ?
Or would it be too big for email?

Don’t think its too big. Will try sending it

Just sent the debug dump.

Thanks @dion we have received an email with a screenshot and a rather generic error message. Is this the message you are seeing?

Intermittently, yes. I will get a user login setup for you today so that you can have a deeper look.

Cheers,

Dion