No entry or class found for 'log.handlers'

I am trying to upgrade my version to 3.13.5 and my PHP version as well to 7.2.31. However when I run php console core:update I get the exception below. Is there some kind of configuration I may have missed?

Uncaught exception: No entry or class found for ‘log.handlers’
in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik_3.13.5\vendor\php-di\php-di\src\DI\Container.php line 128
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik_3.13.5\core\Container\StaticContainer.php(80): DI\Container->get(‘log.handlers’)
#1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik_3.13.5\core\Console.php(71): Piwik\Container\StaticContainer::get(‘log.handlers’)
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik_3.13.5\vendor\symfony\console\Symfony\Component\Console\Application.php(133): Piwik\Console->renderException(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\StreamOutput))
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\piwik_3.13.5\console(32): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#4 {main}

Hi,

Can you check if no files are corrupted (e.g. using the integrity checker). Especially the config/global.php.

@Lukas I did have some issues there previously so I downloaded the code fresh and moved my config.ini.php file over. This issue still persists.

It seems like I missed some extensions in the new PHP version I installed. It is working now that I enabled all the extensions I had before.

1 Like

To people who find this thread via search and almost start screaming “WHAT DID YOU SEE ERODRIG9?!!!”, here’s the answer.

Edit your config/config.ini.php and check in the [PluginsInstalled] section that you have in there all plugins from the same section of config/global.ini.php. The error in question is generated when the Monolog plugin is not in the list. Also check the Intl plugin, since it’s also new in 3.x. Add them after the ‘CoreHome’ plugin, just in case.

2 Likes