No Ecommerce/WooCommerce Data in Matomo Wordpress Plugin

Hi, Matomo is not collecting/displaying any WooCommerce Data - everything else seems to be tracked correctly.
I’m using a wordpress plugin (Borlabs Cookie), that adds the Matomo Tracking Code (see below).
The “add tracking code” option in the matomo plugin is disabled.

Tracking Code added by the plugin Borlabs Cookie:

<!-- Matomo -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var _paq = window._paq || [];
/* tracker methods like "setCustomDimension" should be called before "trackPageView" */
_paq.push(['trackPageView']);
_paq.push(['enableLinkTracking']);
(function() {
var u="%%matomoUrl%%";
_paq.push(['setTrackerUrl', u+'matomo.php']);
_paq.push(['setSiteId', '%%matomoSiteId%%']);
var d=document, g=d.createElement('script'), s=d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
g.type='text/javascript'; g.async=true; g.defer=true; g.src=u+'matomo.js'; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g,s);
})();
</script>
<!-- End Matomo Code -->

Under diagnostics the only issue (yellow) is this (location reporting is working):
“A proxy header is set which means you maybe need to configure a proxy header in the Advanced settings to make location reporting work. If the location in your reports is detected correctly, you can ignore this warning. Learn more: https://matomo.org/faq/wordpress/how-do-i-fix-the-proxy-header-warning-in-the-matomo-for-wordpress-system-report/

Hi @gavran

Thanks for creating a new topic.
Your problem looks related to an open issue we have:

The ecommerce data are not tracked if the add tracking code option is set to disabled.
We are working on it.
Please subscribe to the github issue to get the updates.
Kind regards

Matthieu

Hi @Matthieu_Mary , sadly the issue was not fixed with the most recent Matomo plugin update.
What is the best way to use the standard tracking mode while preventing tracking until the visitor opts in?

hi @gavran

For the tracking of your ecommerce data you could try to switch to manually mode and remove the tracking code. It would track only the ecommerce data.

To track only after an opt in from your visitor, you should use the tracking consent approach.
https://developer.matomo.org/guides/tracking-consent
The plugin allow you to specify the tracking consent option.

Kind regards

Mat

Hello again to @Matthieu_Mary and the community! I have still not been able to find a solution for the issue of e-commerce data (WooCommerce) not being recorded by the official Matomo Wordpress plugin.
At the same time everything else seems to be collected the way it should.

The Borlabs Cookie plugin executes the tracking code provided by the Matomo Plugin, if the user has given consent.

Sadly the consent guide linked above is not understandable for me. Would that solution work with the cookie consent plugin?

Hi @gavran

you said that the ecommerce data are not collected. they are not collected after you switch to manually mode and remove the tracking code?

for the cookie consent options, it will only work if you keep the tracking code. which is your current configuration?

Kind regards

Hi @Matthieu_Mary, thank you for your reply.
Indeed when setting “Add tracking code” to “enter manually” the ecommerce data is collected.
Although i can’t access the tracking code that is automatically added now.

Do you mean by configuration the current tracking code used by the consent tool?

Hi @gavran

I’m not sure to understand

Although i can’t access the tracking code that is automatically added now.

I mean by your configuration in which mode are you (default tracking, enter manually, …) and if you are in enter manually mode if you have left the generated javascript?

Kind regards

Mat