No Data

Hi,
i am new to piwik, and first of all i would thank the developers and collaborators for their effort.

But i’m sorry to say that i have a problem. I installed piwik on a webpage one week ago (or so) and it worked fine, yesterday that page was spread and today when i came to check the stats i saw the “No data” problem. First thing i did was upgrade to 0.5.5 using the web auto update (was 0.5.4), but the problem persisted. Also there was the problem with the SQLSTATE[42000] as stated here[/url]. I checked the FAQ and saw that this problem is documented [url=piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/#faq_58]there, checked that the reports are being saved on the DB and that the site is correct (the only one), and everything is ok. So i checked the timezone issue, and saw that the MySQL timezone is “SYSTEM”, php timezone is “America/Denver” and also sshed the server and saw that the timezone is “America/Phoenix”. So the problem seems to be that the timezones differ (why it worked yesterday though? server uptime is 124 days), but i changed the php timezone to “America/Phoenix” (changed through php.ini and checked that it took effect with phpinfo()) without success, piwik reports no data on all widgets.
What should i do?
Thanks in advance
Pau

Ok, everything has gone back to normality, but i have not changed anything after the previous post. I don’t know if it was the change of the php timezone or not, but it is working right now (did not work for some time after the change).
Thanks anyway
Pau

We’re going to make the timezone configurable, and at the same time, address this issue with requiring the MySQL server and PHP configuration match up.

In particular, many users are running older versions of PHP which don’t have the latest tz database (i.e., daylight savings time changes).

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 21 2010, 05:54 PM]We’re going to make the timezone configurable, and at the same time, address this issue with requiring the MySQL server and PHP configuration match up.

In particular, many users are running older versions of PHP which don’t have the latest tz database (i.e., daylight savings time changes).[/quote]

Thanks for the info vipsoft.

I want to comment a “detail” i have just found. Yesterday evening the stats were not updating (were in the DB though), and this morning got the “No Data” problem again, checked that the timezones were still the same, and they where. So what is the problem? then i remembered that the DB was not on the same machine as the web server, so i did a “SELECT NOW()” to guess the timezone of the DB server and changed the php timezone accordingly. Now it seems to work style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif previous visits should have a different TZ date, but that is not a problem.

Thanks again

[quote=partigas @ Mar 22 2010, 08:36 AM]Thanks for the info vipsoft.

I want to comment a “detail” i have just found. Yesterday evening the stats were not updating (were in the DB though), and this morning got the “No Data” problem again, checked that the timezones were still the same, and they where. So what is the problem? then i remembered that the DB was not on the same machine as the web server, so i did a “SELECT NOW()” to guess the timezone of the DB server and changed the php timezone accordingly. Now it seems to work style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif previous visits should have a different TZ date, but that is not a problem.

Thanks again[/quote]

My PHP seems to be working fine without any issues related to day light savings time.