"No data has been recorded yet"

I remember when it was just Piwik, it’s been a while…

So I have a bunch of WordPress sites, let’s say 10.

I have another site just for administrating my sites. Let’s say that admin domain is called whatever dot com

I use wp.whatever.com for infinitewp management.
an.whatever.com I installed Piwik/Matomo. (an = ANalytics)
Each of the 10 WordPress installations, I installed the WP-Piwik WordPress plugin.

I went to the analytics subdomain, logged in, clicked on Administration on the top right side, then the page that loaded I clicked on the left side bar API. Then under User authentication I copied the token to the first domain’s WP-Piwik settings.

On the Analytics subdomain, no data has been recorded, am I doing something wrong or it takes time for information to be recorded? I only have one site so far.

On Piwik mode, it is at: Self-hosted (HTTP API, default)

I am brand new to Piwik/Matomo. I tried piwik many years ago but went back to Google Analytics, now I left GA and I am trying to use Piwik/Matomo.

None of the WordPress sites are on whatever

HELP.

Hi @miroslavglavic,

first of all, did you enable to add the tracking code to your site? Is the code shown as expected in WP-Matomo’s settings (tracking tab)? And, of course, does it appear in your site’s source code? Also keep in mind that WP-Matomo is able to filter logged in users (e.g., to avoid to track you as an admin).

Best regards
André

1 Like

Hi @WP_PiwikDev,

I am facing a similar issue. I have implemented the Matomo to my Sharepoint site following instruction from the below link’s 3rd point and getting " No data has been recorded yet, get set up" I have copied the JS code to the seattle.master of my site but I am not able to see the change in the developer’s tool. Do you have any idea why I can see the change in developer’s tool or how the get the data on Matomo Dashboard for my site
https://matomo.org/faq/how-to-install/faq_19424/

This thread is about the WordPress integration of Matomo, not about Sharepoint. I never integrated Matomo into Sharepoint and this is a very different topic, so you should start your own thread.