No data being collected by Piwik in 2014

Hi Guys,

Since 1st January 2014 my install of Piwik hasn’t collected any visitor information for my website.
Everything seems to have stopped at 31st December2013.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know of a fix?

I’m running a wordpress 3.8 website with the WP_Piwik plugin and my version of Piwik is 2.02 .

Are you seeing no visitor also in the Visitors > Visitor log report?

Nothing in Visitors > Visitor log either since 31st December 2013.

Any error in the server error log ?

On your website check the Javascript is executed and no error ?

Finally try see with the browser Console or Firebug, the request to Piwik, you can debug it as explained in:Tracking HTTP API: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

No errors in the server logs. All JavaScript loading OK.
Did notice that the WP_Piwik plugin was giving an incorrect SiteID though.
Corrected that but still couldn’t register visitors.

In the end I deleted the entire database, all the piwik files, the most recent version of WP_Piwik plugin.
Reinstalled the old 1.1.2 version of Piwik and the old version of the WP_Piwik plugin that I still had sitting on my hard drive.
Now it works! (but I can’t upgrade any of them).

If I update any of the installed files, it again stops working.

Oh well, at least it’s working again!

When you have the working PiwiK + WP-Piwik, can you try only upgrade Piwik software to version 2.0.2 ? without updating WP-Piwik ? if so and if you have some problem let me know…

Hi Matt,

I’ve updated Piwik to 2.0.2 but left the plugin as the old version (v0.9.9.6). Everything seems to work fine for now.
Im getting the feeling that it’s a problem with the Wordpress plugin.

Regards,

Dave

Could you please try then, or in a few days, to update the WP plugin? if it does not work then, it would be apprecaited that you report the bug to the developer of the plugin so he can have a chance to fix it.