No Campaign Data

I have been using Piwik for a year now and I have never tried to use any Campaigns before today. On Monday we release a new website and we are using various media, twitter, email, electronic news distributions, to get the work out. It makes good sense for me to now use the Campaigns feature to track which mechanism is working the best.

I just tried my first url using the url builder and I don’t see any data on the Campaigns page.

Could this be because the site is running in joomla CMS and I am using a joomla plugin with the Tracking code from Piwik?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

See this FAQ for answer: Visits from search engines or campaigns are not recorded, Piwik shows "There is no data for this report" for all Referrers reports. - Analytics Platform - Matomo

I may have found my own problem. When I was testing the url with the Campaign, I was using a cell phone. It appears that Chrome on andriod and safari on iPhone don’t allow the ?pk_campaign tags.

When I switched to windows & and MAC OSX the tags were working fine.

I don’t know if there is a problem with these mobile browsers

Please see this FAQ which explains why it works this way (this is not problem with phones or other devices): Visits from search engines or campaigns are not recorded, Piwik shows "There is no data for this report" for all Referrers reports. - Analytics Platform - Matomo