New Installation problem

I just installed Piwik on a new MS Server 2008 install and I get the following error.

"There was a problem installing the plugin ExampleFeedburner: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 ALTER command denied to user ‘root’@‘192.168.1.10’ for table ‘piwik_site’ If this plugin has already been installed, and if you want to hide this message, you must add the following line under the [PluginsInstalled] entry in your config/config.ini.php file: PluginsInstalled[] = ExampleFeedburnerThere was a problem installing the plugin Provider: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 ALTER command denied to user ‘root’@‘192.168.1.10’ for table ‘piwik_log_visit’ If this plugin has already been installed, and if you want to hide this message, you must add the following line under the [PluginsInstalled] entry in your config/config.ini.php file: PluginsInstalled[] = Provider "

The root was not enabled originally, but I added that and got the install to complete. Where is this ExampleFeedburner available from?

So that was embarrassing! I had focused on the ExampleFeedburner part, but the error was the Alter part on the mySQL table. Changing the permissions for the remote user on the mySQL tables fixed problem. The mySQL statement is:

GRANT alter
ON .
TO @
IDENTIFIED BY ‘’;

Substitute your information for the labels in <>. There are other permissions that can be granted also. Some of these are SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INSERT. All of these can be granted at the same time by putting commas in between each of them. ie, GRANT select, update, delete, create

If you check “Enable root access from remote machines” during the install of mySQL, you won’t get this error.

deleted