New installation - PDO extension

Attempting a new installation of Piwick and fail at message:

"Piwik requires either the mysqli extension or both the PDO and pdo_mysql extensions. "

PDO extension is ticked in the line before, and phpinfo also says it’s installed.

I’ve searched the forum and read many posts, but see no solution. Some solutions are for Windows, and many point to the sticky topic in the forum, but refer to item#9 which has now disappeared.

I’m running a Linux/Apache server, and PHP 5.2.4.

Current suggestions on how to proceed with the installation welcome.

Note that I have been using PHPMyvisites for over two years and am very happy with it. The recent security alert persuaded me to take a look at piwik, but if the installation is this difficult I think I should stick with PHPMyvisites, especially because there is no migration for data, and several other MyVisites features not yet implemented in piwik.

David

To clarify, you need either:

a) the mysqli extension, or
b) both the PDO and pdo_mysql extensions.

This is what my PHPinfo says:

[b]PDO[/b] PDO support enabled PDO drivers sqlite2, sqlite

pdo_sqlite
PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x enabled
PECL Module version (bundled) 1.0.1 $Id: pdo_sqlite.c,v 1.10.2.6.2.2 2007/03/23 14:30:00 wez Exp $
SQLite Library 3.3.17

I guess my problem is this refers to sqlite and not to mysqli or pdo_mysql.

I have no idea of how to obtain or install these items. Although I have access to my server WHM, I’ve looked at the PHP Configuration Editor and see nothing that relates to PDO. I’m very reluctant to do anything to upset what has been a stable configuration for the last two years.

Piwik doesn’t support the barebones mysql extension because it’s not supported by Zend Framework.

If your host supports local ‘php.ini’ files, just configure a local copy in your piwik folder and add: extension=pdo_mysql.so

php.ini files don’t act like .htaccess files – i.e., inherit from parent directories, or apply recursively to subdirectories. This is a very localized change that won’t affect any of the web apps outside of the piwik folder.

I’m sorry to say that on my hosting, the php.ini set up in the root of the domain affect even subdomains.
When i first try installing Piwik, it wasn’t working ; missing PDO.
So i added the propers lines in the php.ini it has permit to continue installing Piwik on a (virtual?) subdomain. (The subdomain point to a subfolder.)