New installation difficulty

First of,

I have a Godaddy account on a shared Windows server.

My server has Mysql and PHP 5 installed.

Now I had tested Piwik previously on this said server successfully, about 12 months ago.

I have downloaded the “latest” version of Piwik and followed the instal procedure but cannot get beyond the WELCOME 1st. page.

On the occasions that I do, I would get a blank screen on the browser: www.mydomain.com/piwik/index.php?action=systemCheck,

Other times it would show an error: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting"""""\html\piwik\core\Piwik.php on line 499.

I cannot get help from Godaddy on this.

Any one with ideas on how to resolve this issue? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Thanks in advance

Re-upload the files in binary mode.

If that doesn’t work, create a directory in your piwik folder called “.svn”. The installer will think you’re running in a dev environment, and thus, skip the file integrity check.

Thanks Vipsoft for the help.

The Binary method didn’t work for me, after using my ftp client and the web based system on Godaddy.com which was also set on Binary.

The “.SVN” method gave me an initial ray of hope. I was able to complete the installation.

However, each time I come to the “Congratulation” page and select the “Continue to Piwik »” link, it takes me back to the beginning process, to repeat the instal once more.

I’m assuming the link should take me to the Login page.

If I’m wrong - how do I login to view my data?

Thanks again for the help so far

It means the config/config.ini.php file wasn’t created by the installer. You’ll have to ask GoDaddy tech support to resolve the write permissions issue.

My guess is that PHP thought it had write access to the config folder (which is why it allowed you to get as far as you did) but failed due to Windows Access Control Lists (ACL).

THANKS VIPSOFT!!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif You’re the man!!!
Simple as that. Finally got it running.
Just needed to have the write permission on the config folder setup - kaboom - I’m ready to go!

Thanks buddy.

I know this is a basic question but i am a basic sort of person,
to what account do i give the write permission ?
I am accessing the server directly, not using ftp

Please disregard previous post. Problem solved