Need help creating a visitor log report

Hello all

First off really enjoy the product… very good.

Second need help creating a visitor report. I’m using piwik on a joomla & jomsocial site. I’ve added a custom variable called UID which relates to the users ID from the joomla site. eg UID:123

What I need to create is a custom report of activity for a specific UID over a range of time. The report should look pretty much like the visitor log, but be limited to a specific UID.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Russ

Yes, you can use the segment parameter, similar to the one documented in: Segmentation - Compare segments of visitors - Analytics Platform - Matomo
and pass this segment parameter to the visitor LOG Widget Iframe URL that you can get in “Widgets” page

[quote=matt]
Yes, you can use the segment parameter, similar to the one documented in: Segmentation - Compare segments of visitors - Analytics Platform - Matomo
and pass this segment parameter to the visitor LOG Widget Iframe URL that you can get in “Widgets” page[/quote]

Matt
Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed that does seem to work. I do have one more problem. I’m using a date range of one year:

period=range&date=2010-07-15,2011-07-15

This works, but I’m not sure I trust the data. The numbers seem very low. For example I have one very active user who logged on a couple times a day, yet the data is only showing 4 visits for the aforementioned date range. That does not seem right. Am I seeing such low numbers because of archived data? Do I need to un-archive data in order to get accurate numbers?

Regards
Russ

please post screenshot with the date range, and then with the normal visitor log showing the same visitor when it is not shown on the range screenshot?

Matt

Thanks for the reply. i tried to do screen shots but they were really long. I can tell you that they had the same data - 4 entries.

The first one used: period=range&date=2010-07-15,2011-07-15
The second one used: period=year&date=today
The segment part: &segment=customVariableName1==UID;customVariableValue1==91

I got 4 entries:
Fri 15 Jul - 15:10:56
Wed 11 May - 22:22:02
Tue 12 Apr - 13:51:26
Sun 10 Apr - 12:29:57

I know this user has been on the system far more than that. If there is some other specific part of the screen shot I can post I will, but the page was too long to post here as the user visited many pages on each visit.

Regards
Russ

Do you see this visitor when you look at the “daily” visitor log?

Matt
Thanks again for your reply. Your question about the daily visitor log got me thinking.

I think I might be onto something. I went looking for some older records and discovered a date that I know the user was online: 2011-03-03. I went to the visitor log and attempted to get a daily report for that date, and I am unable to select it. it seems I am limited to 2011-03-28 to today. I cannot get data any older than that. I recall that piwik uses a rolling window of data.

How do I get the older data?

Regards
Russ

Usually the data is not selectable from the calendar only for dates that are BEFORE the website was created in Piwik.

How come you have data before the creation date? did you import past data?

Matt

Thanks for the reply. I implemented piwik back in October of 2010, and I added the custom variable in December of 2010 so I would expect to see data at least back to December of 2010.

I looked in my database and I have piwik_archive tables 2011_01 through 2011_07 so I think something might be wrong…

Regards
Russ