Native Windows 8.1 store app & Windows Phone 8.1 app tracking

Hello,

we’re trying to implement Piwik into our exisiting Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 application. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find an official sdk. We’ve tried the C# library, mentioned on official integrations site (Integrations - Analytics Platform - Matomo), but couldn’t get it to work so far.

Here is what we’ve tried:

• Build the C# “Piwik.Tracker” project and import the resulting .dll into our project.
  • Import the “Piwik.Tracker” project into our solution and add a reference.
  • Copy/Paste relevant files from Piwik.Tracker into our project.

Could anyone please suggest on best practice for integrating Piwik with our project?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi there,

please ask in the C# issue tracker directly and maybe the developer will be able to help you: Issues · matomo-org/piwik-dotnet-tracker · GitHub

Alternatively, maybe a community member (you? :-)) could build a Windows SDK like we have SDKs for iOS, Android and Titanium: Tracking API Clients: Integrate - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

Hello Matthiue

We would like to take up the gauntlet!

Please see our challenge in Upwork to develop native C++ , Windows SDK

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01b43e183070f87bd5

Please help us to spread the word and to find a collaborators : developers, testers, software architects

Sincerely

Hi there,

Android SDK should be taken as reference/design/specification
the Piwik API reference can be found http://piwik.org/blog/2012/04/how-to-use-piwik-to-track-mobile-apps-activity-clicks-phones-errors-etc/

IMHO the Android SDK and iOS are maybe not the right example for the C++ client.
The PHP and C# clients are better examples I think? So maybe I would remove this, and instead you could link to the following references:

What do you think?

Also, have you seen that there are already some C++ client available? a QT C++ SDK exists and a non official C++ SDK also. I haven’t checked but maybe they could be re-used, or built upon? (they were noted in this issue)

In general, we would welcome a C++ client for Piwik Tracking API. If you are interested we could later host it on the Piwik Github organisation like our other officials SDKs are.