Mysqli prepare error: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_53ee_0.MYI'

Hello,

I recently added Piwik Analytics to the local community website that I am managing; since I’m a FOSS fan and Piwik is awesomely FOSS!!! B) :wink: But I haven’t been successful in obtaining my statistics yet. The error that causes this problem is a Mysqli prepare error: Can’t create/write to file ‘/tmp/#sql_53ee_0.MYI’.

Does anybody here seem to know a solution to this problem? Please do help me out.

Did you remember to set the permissions on the directory “/tmp” within the Piwik install folder on your server? This directory needs universal read/write/modify (777) permissions. The same permissions should be on all files and subdirectories in that “/tmp” directory.

Thank you for your reply canajun2eh.

Yes, I did set chmod 777 for the /tmp directory. sudo chmod 777 /var/www/piwik/tmp. I had done this with the initial configuration during the installation itself. But that doesn’t seem to work. I re-checked again right now; it gives the output : drwxrwxrwx 8 www-data www-data 4096 Nov 13 17:00 /var/www/piwik/tmp. I believe that is the required permissions. But it still doesn’t work. :frowning: