Mysql problem on install

I realise the standard answer is “when its done”, but do you have a timeframe on .5?

I am thoroughly sick of Google Analytics, they show i have 6 visitors to my site for yesterday, but AWStats shows 98UV, and i have about 75 bit.ly click throughs so I KNOW there are more than six people…

but unfortunately i’m experiencing this same error on Hostgator and Mediatemple, I cant get either of them to install past stage 3, despite creating the db’s by hand, and even editing the config.sample to no avail.

Everyone always mentions they contacted their hosts, but no one says who they are, is anyone using HG or MT and has gotten Piwik to work? I’m just as frustrated with this installer as i am with google… but Piwik comes highly recommended and I don’t care for the way Whoopa is done with an install on my local comp and such.

I just want resolution, sigh…

Matt has committed to a Tuesday release for Piwik 0.5.

No promises on HG testing but I’ll try to look into it this weekend.

WOW you really meant soon, I’m used to soon meaning an ambiguous timeframe. I think i can wait until tuesday, or thereafter to ditch Goog.

Thanks for the quick response!

mesach: I just did a pre-release flight check and successfully installed the upcoming Piwik 0.5 release on a HostGator shared hosting server.

Note: on HG, you’ll have to create the database in your Control Panel first. Your account name (e.g., mesach) will be used as a prefix to the database name (e.g., piwik), so on the Piwik database set-up screen, you’ll have to use the full database name (e.g., mesach_piwik).

It’s on the ToDo list to add some kind of cpanel shortcut/integration.