Mysql problem on install

Hello

I tried to install piwik to my website, but on the “databaseSetup”-step I got the following error message:

Error while trying to connect to the MySQL database:
No entry is registered for key 'db'

The mysql details are correct because my other php/mysql scripts are working normally. What should I do?

It means Piwik couldn’t read the db configuration.

Look in your config folder. Check the file permissions. Is piwik able to create a config.ini.php file?

I am experiencing the exact same problem. piwik can write/read in config (I chmoded all of it in 777 just to be sure).

Any ideas on what could be wrong here?

Check your mysql configuration, eg localhost vs 127.0.0.1, non-standard port, etc.

I checked, nothing is unusual. I have several other web frameworks (e.g. pixelpost or dotclear) sharing the same DB with exactly the same information, and they never had any trouble.

I obtain the same message using same MySQL user/database creation process I followed for WordPress installations (user with all privileges, chmod 777 on tmp and config folders)

Impossible for me to reach step 4 of installation.

PM the database section of your config.ini.php.

I have the same problem here:

No entry is registered for key ‘db’

My webhoster ist 1and1. They use the following construct for the mysql servername when you use a mysql 5 database:

localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

Maybe this is the problem. But i had never any problems with this in the past. Used it on Wordpress and Typo3 installations.

Furthermore I have to turn on the usage of PHP 5 (instead of 4) using the .htaccess file. This is done with the following code:

# PHP5 anschalten fuer 1und1
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

Normally file restrictions are ok on the 1and1 server. After the ftp upload all files are set to 644 and all directories have 755. Just to be sure I chmodded the config and tmp directories to 777. But this did not help.

Hope you find a solution soon. I really would like to use piwik.

Delete your config.ini.php file and go through the Installation screens again.

For host, enter:

;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock

[quote=vipsoft @ Aug 4 2009, 02:47 PM]Delete your config.ini.php file and go through the Installation screens again.

For host, enter:

;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock

[/quote]

Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you mean. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif There is no config.ini.php file (I looked in the config folder). When I go through the installation again, there is no ‘host’ field where I can enter the data. When I start the install I 1. see a welcome screen, 2. see a screen where my server is checked (everything ok and green btw) and finally the screen where I can enter the database information. It has the following fields:

• mysql server
  • login
  • password
  • database name
  • table prefix

I tried to enter ‘;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock’ into the mysql server field, but got the same error message.

I had a similar problem. While it could be a number of things, your config file might not be chmodded correctly. I believe they want it set to 666, if im not mistaken. Can anyone confirm?

For the MySQL server, try:

localhost;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock

[quote=vipsoft @ Aug 4 2009, 07:46 PM]For the MySQL server, try:

localhost;unix_socket=/tmp/mysql5.sock

[/quote]

It doesn’t change anything here. As I said in the PM I sent you, the problem seems to be that no config.ini.php is ever created. And it doesn’t seem to be a permission problem, as it happens even with everything chmoded to 777.

I have re-worked unix_socket support for the upcoming Piwik 0.4.3 release. (You can grab a snapshot from svn, if you like.)

If you’re not using unix sockets (e.g., /tmp/mysql5.sock or /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock), let me know, so we can dig deeper.

Same problem here, installation fails in step 3 with the message „Error while trying to connect to the MySQL database: No entry is registered for key ‘db’“ (whatever that means, it’s not in the MySQL error list).

• Piwik 0.4.3
  • Apache/PHP/Piwik has write access to all directories the installation requested, i.e. config/ and tmp/ (obviously, as I did pass steps 1 and 2).
  • There are only config/config.ini.sample.php and config/global.ini.php, no config/config.ini.php.
  • Neither ;unix_socket=/sock/et/path nor localhost;unix_socket=/sock/et/path as database host help (and I wonder why I would need that anyway, socket path is defined in MySQLs/PHPs setup).
  • No error message in Apache’s error log.
  • I can login using the user/password using MySQLs command line tool.
  • It neither works without the to-be-created Piwik database, nor with it (created manually).

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: ok my fault, no problem! :wink:

And what happens if you dont have a good support host ? isnt there a way to do the installation more manually style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif because i have the same problem … its a free host so i dont have support :expressionless:
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Piwik does not create the database user.

Please make sure that the database user has already been created and granted sufficient privileges.

Hi

I had Piwik running fine until i tried to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3, ie the user/database/tables exist. I have the exact same problem mentioned above:

I tried to reinstall 4.2 which was running fine, but now i get the same error.
Any help would be appreciated.

[quote=wikiwiki @ Aug 17 2009, 10:46 PM]Hi

I had Piwik running fine until i tried to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3, ie the user/database/tables exist. I have the exact same problem mentioned above:

I tried to reinstall 4.2 which was running fine, but now i get the same error.
Any help would be appreciated.[/quote]

I am having the exact same problem. It’s a pain.