Multiple visits with same idvisitor within short period

I just noticed a problem today where a particular visitor’s page views were being stored (and displayed) as 4 separate visits, even though in the log_visit table the idvisitor value is the same and the length between the first and last “visit” is only ~11 seconds. Also all 4 visits are from the same IP and browser.

All but one of the visits had just 1 action (the other had 2).

UPDATE: The same thing just happened again as I was typing this, with the same visitor and same deal.

Can you please post a screenshot of this behavior ? thx

I’ve attached the first occurrence as part1 and the second as part2. The IPs in part1 and part2 have the exact same Visitor ID.

The third attachment is something else I noticed… that some successive visits are not being sorted properly. This third screenshot shows that. Also I just noticed after taking the screenshot that there are some missing/skipped action #s. What’s up with that?

Can you please PM to me the original screenshots so I can see IPs etc. ? thx

Unfortunately I’m not permitted to reveal any more of the visitor details :-\

Is there anything else I can do on my side to help pinpoint the issue or is there some place I can start looking maybe?

Are you using Javascript tracker ?

I’m not sure what could be causing this…

Yes, I am using the JavaScript tracker.

Also I just noticed after taking the screenshot that there are some missing/skipped action #s. What’s up with that?

When pages are seen multiple times in a row we put them on one line with a 2X or 3X at the end.

Sorry i’m not sure what is causing the problem. If you reproduce the issue, please let me know…