Multiple sites, the same tracking code

I have both mydomain.com and mydomain.net

They are of the same site, just some files are accessed on .net others on .com.

I added on piwik onl,y the .com domain, but it is not tracking pages on the .net. Can I add multiple urls for 1 domain? How? I tried to type in under settings multiple urls (one on a line) under the URLS column, but after submit “Loading data” appears and nothing happens

Hi!

If i add a new website to my piwik and he asks me for the URL’s …
is it better to just enter www.domain.com or/and also domain.com?

SEE ATTACHED SCREEN AND YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Asking because i remember that phpmyvisites told me anytime to add a domain with and without the www.

Waiting for your official answer … thanks!

anyone can answer this question please ?

thank you!

hi vipsoft!

could you help me with answering this? thanks a lot!

There is code so that you don’t have to specify both www and non-www versions of your domain name.

In general, if your website has domain name aliases, then there are two places to look at when configuring domains/URLs:

On the server side, the URLs you enter in the Site Manager are used in checking the referer host, so that a click from one to the other should not be treated as an external website (referer). Example: in third party shared hosting, a website may be served as either subdomain.hostingaccountdomain.tld1 or subdomain.tld2.

On the client side, the URLs you enter for setDomains() are used in checking outlinks (to determine whether or not to track the action, if link tracking is enabled), i.e., when a visitor is leaving your site.

Hi vipsoft!

is it possible that you deleted my thread and question about the URL’s we have to enter while adding a new website to piwik??? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

If yes … why?

My question again:

I remember that phpmyvisites, phlogger and others recommended to enter domains to count this way:
www.domain.com
domain.com

… with any wothout the www

So is it also recommended in piwik to enter domains like this if adding domains to track? Know what i mean?

eugen: for future reference, you can go to your forum profile, and display your topics and posts. your question is answered above.

hi vipsoft …

oops, just seen it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

I made a link to my opened thread on my desktop an wondered why getting error messages saying that my thread has been deleted!

So just entering www.domain.com would be ok? Only one entry?
Mhhh, i just made www.domain.com and domain.com entries on a dozen domains i track … do i need to edit them all or would it also be ok and fine if i leave them all with the 2 entries?

vipsoft?

do i need to edit my piwik or is it even ok with leaving all my sites with 2 domains (with and without www) ?

thanks!