Multiple Goals for same IP

I’m using piwikTracker.trackGoal to get the value of my ecommerce sales.

Yesterday, the same customer (=same IP) made 2 purchases within minutes of each other.

Piwik did not record the second transaction / Goal.

Is this deliberate? Is there a way around it?

This is done deliberately, if you look at the piwik_log_conversion table there is a primary index of idvisit,idgoal.
Because of this for each visit that a user makes to your site there can only be one conversion for each goal that you have setup.

[quote=jstock @ Aug 25 2010, 02:12 PM]This is done deliberately, if you look at the piwik_log_conversion table there is a primary index of idvisit,idgoal.
Because of this for each visit that a user makes to your site there can only be one conversion for each goal that you have setup.[/quote]
Thanks, I guessed as much.

However, I would argue that if I tell Piwik (with trackGoal) that it’s a Goal, then it IS a Goal!!

I wanted the goals to be tracked as many times as they happened for each visitor.
I therefore added the server_time field to the primary key of the piwik_log_conversion table.
Now goal conversions are alway tracked on my system

Thanks. That’s great.

Implemented that.

This ought either to be standard or an option.

I think an option would be a good idea, however every Analytics package that I have looked at handle the Goal Conversion the way that Piwik does.

Changing the index isn’t currently supported because it will skew the conversion ratio.

Ok, but I’d like to repeat the main issue: that if I use trackGoal to specify a Goal, it IS a Goal and Piwik shouldn’t take it upon itself to decide that it isn’t !!

I added the feature request in the list at http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/1434

Thank you - good news.

This is definitely necessary.

Another benefit of this:

I want to set a Goal, including value, whenever someone adds a product to their shopping basket. Most of my customers add more than 1 product.

This will let me analyse what sales values actually get checked out.

A really important statistic.