Msql? Problem during install

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am trying to install Piwik 0.4.2 and I run into a problem I cannot solve. I hope you can help me. The error occurs in the databaseSetup. When I type in the correct values (crosschecked it many times) for Msql server, login and pw I get the error messages

Error while trying to connect to the MySQL database:
No entry is registered for key ‘db’

The Configuration:
MySQL-Version: 5.0.77-0.dotdeb.0
PHP-Version: 5.2.9-0.dotdeb.0

The Piwik System check tells me all necessary Directories have write access 	 
piwik/config
piwik/tmp
piwik/tmp/templates_c
piwik/tmp/cache
piwik/tmp/latest 

I tried to work around this problem and copied the config.ini.sample.php to config.ini.php - of course with the correct values Msql server, login, pw and a fresh mysql-database. What happened: The Piwik installation said:

Database Upgrade Required
Your Piwik database is out-of-date, and must be upgraded before you can continue.
Piwik database will be upgraded from version <= 0.2.9 to the new version 0.4.2.
The database upgrade process may take a while, so please be patient.<

I clicked on upgrade Piwik, then this error message appeared:

Critical Error during the update process:
Error trying to execute the query 'ALTER TABLE piwik_site CHANGE ts_created ts_created TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL'.
The error was: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Tabelle 'usr_web389_3.piwik_site' existiert nichtError trying to execute the query 'ALTER TABLE piwik_log_visit DROP config_color_depth'.
The error was: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Tabelle 'usr_web389_3.piwik_log_visit' existiert nicht
	Please make sure you execute the queries on your mysql database. 
When you have executed these queries, you can manually edit the piwik_option table in your Piwik database,  and set the piwik_version value to 0.2.12. 

Of course - since the db I created is empty! My questions to you: How can I solve the installation problem? Perhaps I could sneak around it by restoring an empty piwik-database via mysqldumper? Has someone such a datebase with all the tables but without content - a fresh mysql-db like it should look right after the piwik installation routine created it, which it doent want to do with me? So my question: Can you tell me how to get the installation to work? Or can you provide me with the fresh mysql db piwik needs after the isntallation so that I could restore it with mysqldumper?

Thank you so much!
Konrad

Drop the database and try again.

This time, grant the piwik database user privileges to create databases|tables|indexes, alter, etc.