Missing keywords and referrers data

First of all I want to say thanks a lot to the Piwik team for the software – I really appreciate not having to use google analytics.

But - since I upgraded to 1.4, the “referrers” widget and the “keywords” widget, along with best search engines, are blank for all days since the upgrade. Actually they say that “there is no data for this report”. And on the visitor log, all visitors are called “direct entry” and I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.

Any help would be appreciated!

Liz

Have you added a redirect in your site? It would cause the Referrer to be lost in a redirect (302, 301 or meta refresh etc.)

Yes, actually. Just recently – maybe about the time of upgrade – I redirected www to non-www.

What are you using to implement the redirect?

The “redirection” plugin for wordpress. Here’s what my .htaccess file looks like:

Created by Redirection Module: Apache

Wed, 11 May 2011 22:52:36 +0000

Redirection 2.2.5 - Redirection – Urban Giraffe

<Files .htaccess,.svn>
order allow,deny
deny from all

For security reasons, Option followsymlinks cannot be overridden.

#Options +FollowSymlinks
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.rabbitsmarties\.com$ [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://rabbitsmarties.com/$1 [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} (.)index.(php|htm|html)\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.
)index.(php|html|htm)$ $1 [R=301,NC,L]

End of Redirection

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

I don’t see an obvious problem. A 301/302 redirect should preserve the original Referer header (unlike meta refresh, or changing the window.location object in JavaScript).

This is happening to me also. I tried to post a support ticket which wasn’t really answered. I got my bum smacked for posting another ticket and I was instructed to come here. It seems this thread has not been resolved. There are no iframes on my site and the javascript tracking code is in the right place. Although normal direct tracking seems to be working. Keyword and search engine results are working on tracewatch stats and awstats, So the rewrites can’t be the problem. The re-writes I have simply add www. and remove the trailing .php from the end of the url. I’m using htaccess to rewrite:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain.co.uk
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.mydomain.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]

Redirect to PHP if it exists. e.g. /BlaBla will display the contents of /BlaBla.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}.php -f
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /$1.php [L,QSA]
ErrorDocument 404 /404.html

Just to confirm, there are NO meta redirects on the page.

Nobody? I’ve tried this on a site without htaccess and it’s doing exactly the same thing