Minor update error from pre-3.9.0 to 3.9.1

Hi,
When I updated a version of Matomo (latest before 3.9.0) to 3.9.1, I saw the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Plugin\Manager::getPluginDirectory() in / ... /core/Twig.php on line 316
Matomo encountered an error: Call to undefined method Piwik\Plugin\Manager::getPluginDirectory() (which lead to: Circular dependency detected while trying to resolve entry 'Piwik\Twig')

Maybe that helps to pinpoint the error.

As before with similar errors, reloading the page and returning to the main page seems to be sufficient to continue. All things seem to work so far.

Hi,

In theory this bugfix release was supposed to (besides other things) fix this bug.

But in practice it didn’t: Call to undefined method Piwik\Plugin\Manager::getPluginDirectory() · Issue #14250 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

But that’s just a one time error message when the old already running code calls the new code that has already been replaced.

Hi,
I encountered that bug by updating from 3…9.0 to 3.9.1, too.
I got this message calling “oneClickupdate”: “Internal Server Error” - Update broken.
Just the same problem as for updating to 3.9.0

Maybe it makes sense to test in the update script if the method getPluginDirectory exists and, if not, skip the rest.