Hello, I’m having a bit of a problem importing ‘old’ data. I’ve upgraded an old installation from 4.0.4 to 5.14 and wanted to transfer it to my now centralised installation using `migrate`. The command line runs through without any issues, but in the destination Matomo, the data between 2018 and 2025 is missing; everything else (2007–2017, 2025–present) is present. All the data is also visible in the source system. Deleting it and re-importing it didn’t help. There were no error messages.
I would first check whether the source and destination Matomo installations are using the same database structure/version. The Migration plugin documentation specifically recommends having both instances on the same Matomo version, or at least the same DB structure.
Since the missing period is a specific range while the earlier and newer data are present, I’d also check whether the raw visit data actually made it into the destination database, rather than assuming it’s only an archiving issue.
If the raw data is there but the reports are missing, try reprocessing the affected periods with core:archive. Matomo recommends reprocessing when only particular days, weeks, or months show no data.
I would also run ./console diagnostics:run and ./console core:update on the destination to rule out an incomplete upgrade or database-schema issue.
If it still happens, I’d compare a few dates from 2018 2025 directly in the source and destination log_visit/archive tables. That should help determine whether the migration skipped the raw data or whether Matomo simply is not displaying/archiving it correctly.