Matomo for Mobile applications

Hello,

I am looking at the possibility to move from my mobile analytics from firebase to Matomo, my website analytics are already on Matomo and I want to consolidate solutions I use.

I was wondering are there any obvious pitfalls when using Matomo for mobile applications. Looking at documentation outside of the fact that not all plugins work with mobile app I see no other guides regarding how Matomo performs with mobile application.

If anyone has experience to share would appreciate it very much.

Hi @Zen_not_on
The only thing I can share is the mobile API:
https://developer.matomo.org/guides/tracking-api-clients#mobile-sdks

Hey, @heurteph-ei I have looked through most of the documentation available but thought it is prudent to ask the community in case there are reasons why not to use it or if there are some limits, like for firebase events and parameters count, length etc

1 Like

hey, can i ask you if the import worked mine is blocked from error from costum event did your have this problem?

@Zen_not_on
Transitioning from Firebase to Matomo for mobile analytics can be beneficial, especially for consolidating your analytics solutions. Here are a few points to consider:

1. Ensure you properly implement the tracking code in your mobile app. Matomo provides SDKs for both iOS and Android, but it may require more initial setup compared to Firebase.

2. As you mentioned, not all plugins work with mobile apps. Verify which features you need and check their compatibility with Matomo’s mobile tracking.

3. Depending on your needs, Firebase may provide more out-of-the-box features for mobile-specific analytics, like crash reporting or A/B testing, which you may need to set up manually in Matomo.

4. The Matomo community is active, but the documentation for mobile analytics may not be as comprehensive as Firebase’s. Be prepared to seek help in forums or community channels.

Have you already tried setting up Matomo’s mobile tracking? Any specific features you’re concerned about?

the import doesn’t work. that’s the missing feature.