Matomo archive failing on version 3.13.5

After upgrading to the last version, we are getting this error on a specific site id when doing hourly archive:

INFO [2020-04-28 09:30:28] 110872 Error: Error unserializing the following response from ?module=API&method=API.get&idSite=34&period=year&date=last2&format=php&trigger=archivep
hp: <link rel=Edit-Time
-Data href=“editdata.mso”> - Unavailable <!–[if g

Hi,

Can you check what happens when you open https://matomo.yoursite.example/index.php?module=API&method=API.get&idSite=34&period=year&date=last2&format=php&trigger=archivephp
?

It seems like the webserver response with some website that does in no way like Matomo.

<link rel=Edit-Time-Data href=“editdata.mso”> - Unavailable <!–[if g

In case this is the normal error page from some Microsoft webserver (I don’t know IIS at all), then check the webserver error log to see why it throws an error.

Accessing directly with url:
a:2:{s:6:“result”;s:5:“error”;s:7:“message”;s:83:“You can’t access this resource as it requires ‘view’ access for the website id = 2.”;}

Hm, that would have been to easy.

So I would recommend you to check the webserver error log directly. If you have any idea why your Webserver would serve a page starting with this (according to some websites this is related to HTML saved in Outlook or Word), then that would make it maybe easier:

<link rel=Edit-Time-Data href=“editdata.mso”> - Unavailable <!–[if g

These are HTML from Load Balancer check pages, so I’m guessing it is failing on gathering the report and the site is not unavailable (this is the site with the most traffic) .