Many Domains/Wordpress/How Many Installs of Piwik?

(thesemybits) #1

I just stumbled upon Piwik and am really interested in getting it going on my sites. I have a few domains, each running Wordpress. My question is a simple one, but I need some help.

Do I need to instal Piwik on each domain? Or can I have one install on a dedicated domain that serves all of my other domains?

For example:
siteone.org
someothersite.com
evenathirdsite.net

These are my sites Do I have to do this:
siteone.org/piwikinstall1
someothersite.com/piwikinstall2
evenathirdsite.net/piwikinstall3

Or, can I have this:
siteone.org
someothersite.com
evenathirdsite.net
pikikstats.org - and this is where all of my stats are for these domains.

Hope I am clear enough, I thank you all in advance for any help.

Lastly, any preferences on Wordpress Piwik plugins?

(Fabian Becker) #2

You can have the latter. Just use one domain to install Piwik and you can track all your other domains using that install.
Have a look at New Plugin: Wordpress Piwik integration - Analytics Platform - Matomo for a Wordpress plugin.

(thesemybits) #3

[quote=Fabian Becker @ Jun 3 2010, 02:55 AM]You can have the latter. Just use one domain to install Piwik and you can track all your other domains using that install.
Have a look at New Plugin: Wordpress Piwik integration - Analytics Platform - Matomo for a Wordpress plugin.[/quote]

Thanks, are there any other directions apart from the standard ones I see with installing piwik? Also, love the plug in, got it on a few of my domains now (WP-piwik). Do you know if I have to remove those specific installs then?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I’m loving this software. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

(thesemybits) #4

Got it all figured out now, what a nice plugin, too! Thanks all.