"Manage email reports - loading data..." forever

Very new Piwik user here with two low volume Piwik websites, so apologies in advance if I haven’t provided enough data/detail. I did a search, but found no relevant hits.

Email reports were set up to automatically send on Monday, that never worked but I didn’t have the mail parameters configured , so I was using the “Send email report now” and that worked fine with V1.3.

After successfully auto upgrading to 1.4, I could not manually email reports (and the automatic email reports didn’t work either.) I tried FF and IE browsers with the same result.

Thanks,

John

When I used to have this ever-loading message it was because I didn’t set-up correctly the smtp settings.

If you try to reset your password from the login page, do you receive an email ?

Thanks Julian - I created a test user and I wanted to do a lost password on the test user but the login screen keeps defaulting back to my login name when I entered a bad password.

I’m afraid to click on lost password in case that doesn’t work, my password gets reset, and I can’t ever login again.

I re-entered my email password and tried another email report and it still sits there forever. Guess I’ll wait for the new release and hope that fixes the problem.

John

You can safely use the “Lost your password” form. It will not reset your password.

Hmmm - I get the following error when I tried the lost password:

“Error: Verification failed for Sorry - we don’t have a clue who this person is!” Sender verify failed
Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.
Please contact your Piwik administrator. "

Is mail() a php attribute? Something I need to tweak in .htaccess perhaps?

Looks like a good clue (for somebody smarter than me :wink: )

Thanks Julien

In http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/tags/1.4/config/global.ini.php#L346 could you tell us which properties did you configure (without giving the actual values except for the non personal ones : ‘transport’, ‘port’, ‘type’, ‘encryption’) ?

Julien - can do.

Okay - problem solved, sort of. (tu) I used my Gmail smtp settings and that worked, so there is obviously something funky going on with my primary smtp mail account. At least now I know that Piwik isn’t broken.

What would be a great feature is a “Test” routine in that settings panel so you can make sure you have entered everything correctly and don’t have to chase around if email doesn’t work. I have a webcam with an email test and that has saved me from config grief.

I’ll keep playing around with my other email account to see if I can get that to work. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time :frowning:

John

Good idea, I’ve created a ticket Add a ‘send test email’ functionality in Piwik administration · Issue #2393 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub