Low-Vision Accessibility

I’m a DeafBlind individual with extreme photosensitivity to bright items on my monitor, as is common amongst many people in my condition. This makes the graphs unreadable for me on the website.

I would like to request a feature where we can toggle between color schemes of the graphs and other related images. If I could have graphs that are black background with white lines, it would be accessible for me in my current condition.

Thank you,
Bryen

Thanks for the suggestion. that’s a good point. we don’t yet have ability to add Theming but we might add this in the future.

PS: and of course you are very welcome to submit a pull request or patch for such feature :slight_smile:

[quote=matt]
Thanks for the suggestion. that’s a good point. we don’t yet have ability to add Theming but we might add this in the future.

PS: and of course you are very welcome to submit a pull request or patch for such feature :)[/quote]

I wish I could contribute in that way, I just don’t have those skillsets. :frowning:

I’m not sure that theming is the way to go here. We have ways to override themes in our browsers, but it does not override actual graphics. So, I would actually approach the option of graphics toggling as separate from theming.

If you use Firefox, you can see quickly how theming can be ignored with these steps:

Edit > Content > Colors > (Change colors as you see fit in the options > Uncheck “Allow pages to choose their own colors…”

As you can see, theming in and of itself wouldn’t matter in this feature case.