Login Piwik with htaccess

In the Piwik administration/plugins, about the Login plugin : “Login plugin, reading the identifiers config / config.inc.php for the super user, and since the database for other users. Can be easily replaced to introduce a new authentication system (OpenID, htaccess, custom Auth, etc.)… By Piwik.”

I would like replace it with htaccess also if someone knows how to do that ?

Thanks.

Jy2m.

Yes I would say that it is very annoying, every time I want to connect to Piwik to have to type my username and my password.
With Htaccess it would be automatic, so if you know how to do this, by helping me you’ll help also many other people.

Thanks again.

Jy2m.

click the box “Remember me” so you don’t have to type password everytime ?

No it isn’t the solution because when you clean Internet traces with CCleaner for example the “remember” disappears.
The solution is htaccess but nobody knows how to install it ?

I’m disappointed.

Jy2m.

Use this plugin: New Plugin: Provide HTTP_AUTH Authentication for Piwik - Release in Marketplace · Issue #514 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Thank you but no explanation in the plugin file and its author, Romain Goyet, became famous thanks to the iPhone. It is not normal that a system like Piwik doesn’t give explanations for the function htaccess. I know how to do an htaccess and htpasswd standarts but even when I activate the plugin “HttpAuthLogin” and I disable the plugin “Login”, as indicated in the comments of the plugin page, and adding htaccess and htpasswd, this does not work. Before Piwik I had found a system (less interesting) where there was only a check box to activate htaccess.
The question is: what are doing the Piwik developpers for small users like me?
Good day.
Jy2m.

Goodbye I’ll look for something else.

Jy2m.

[quote=Jy2m]

The question is: what are doing the Piwik developpers for small users like me?
Good day.
Jy2m.[/quote]

I am a small user like you, with a site with around 100 visitors per day. Piwik developpers gave me a full free software to track and analyze the traffic of my site. Piwik developers done for me a free application that sit on my server and other applications like AdBlock leaves my javascript tracker alone because it runs inside my server (same domain). Piwik developpers are doing for me new tools like Transitions from the last beta version 1.9. Piwik developpers done for me a detailed documentation which let me, a totally noob in programming, to install and run myself, without a problem the whole Piwik application with all its features. And the list of what are doing Piwik developpers for me continues. Obviously they are doing so much for me and almost nothing for you!

Thanks claul for your nice words :wink: