Login page looks garbled after upgrading from version 2.10.0 to 2.11.0

Hi guys,

After updating manually from version 2.10.0 to version 2.11.0 I’m getting a garbled login page – please see the attached screenshot.

By manually, I mean:

[ul]
[li] putting the site in maintenance mode
[/li][li] pulling the new zip archive via wget
[/li][li] making a backup of /path/to/piwik/config/config.ini.php and /path/to/piwik/.htaccess
[/li][li] running unzip -o piwik-2.11.0.zip
[/li][li] running console core:update
[/li][li] ensuring the config.ini.php and the .htaccess are OK
[/li][li] putting the site back in live mode
[/li][/ul]

Now, usually this does the trick.

As you can see from the screenshot, it’s correctly getting some CSS but the page is ultimately broken. I’m getting no 404s though, which is good.
I see no LESS compilation errors. I even analysed the served CSS file via stylestats to see if maybe there were too many selectors or some weird error of any kind, but nope.

It’s worth mentioning that I also did run console core:clear-caches and even deleted the templates_c directory, to no avail.
And yes, the permissions, users and groups are fine – the site did work perfectly fine until I did the upgrade.
Even the logs are fine, as far as I can tell, but I might be wrong here. I didn’t see anything outstanding.

The browser cache is fine too, as I refreshed the page clearing any cache using Google Chrome’s “Empty cache and hard reload” feature. Firefox with cold caches yields the same. I haven’t tried Opera nor IE, but I suspect I’d get the very same results.

Am I missing something?

Hi there,

That’s quite strange. My first guess is that maybe a CSS or less file was not correctly uploaded. can you go to Admin > System check, and check there if you see a warning about some files being not uploaded correctly?

Yeah, I thought that might be the culprit, but nope alas…

Actually it’s the part below this, in the system check, that has the file integrity check, can you check?

You’re right, I should have included it. Nonetheless, the green check is there.

Symfony dependencies out of date, maybe? composer update to the rescue?