Local development

Hello everyone,

I am trying to develop some applications locally and while I am able to extend some of the Piwik core functionality without problems I am still unable to get piwik to save the information for the referrer. I have been using some add-ons for Firefox to change the values of the headers to emulate some search engines results.

For example if I want piwik to save the keyword pineapple and the search engine is Google, I am replacing the referrer value to be:
search_engine_url/search?q=pineaple , where search_engine_url, is replaced with a real url that uses ‘q’ to query results. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif
is this right!?

Does anyone know if how I can track the information for the referrer if my sites are hosted locally style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif !?

I am currently using version 0.5.5 and most of the plugins work out of box as expected… maybe I am missing something!?

Thank you very much, I look forward to hear from you!

Are you using the SearchEnginePosition plugin? I had the same problem last week and this was caused by this plugin. If you use this plugin you can download a version where I fixed the problem. You can find that in the plugins trac post.

What you also can try is visit the piwik.php that javascript calls in a seperate tab to see if it gives any errors.

Thank you for the tips René.

Unfortunately I am not using that plug-in. But I was able to resolve it by cleaning the cache / cookies and tampering the headers style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif I got piwik thinking that the request were coming from Bing / Google and not just from a demo page I have set up style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

I also found out the hard way that I need to way a least 30 mins between visits before is counted as a new one. I guess that’s why I am noob style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif