LOAD DATA INFILE issue

I’m having difficulty in clearing the diagnostic warning as per below.

We are 100% sure that local-infile=1 is enabled and the database is able to load local infile. Confirmed.

The database user definitely has the FILE privilege. Confirmed.

However, the System Check diagnostic is still not happy.

Note: We are using MariaDB instead of Mysql, however I don’t see that being a problem?

Is there something I am missing and/or another way to satisfy this diagnostic check?

Many thanks!

Herby

LOAD DATA INFILE
Using LOAD DATA INFILE will greatly speed Matomo’s archiving process up. To make it available to Matomo, try updating your PHP & MySQL software and make sure your database user has the FILE privilege.
If your Matomo server tracks high traffic websites (eg. > 100,000 pages per month), we recommend to try fix this problem.

1 Like

Hi,

While I have no idea why it isn’t working for you (I am using MariaDB and it works), this is the exact check Matomo is doing, so this might help to troubleshoot:

Hi,

I have the same error on my MATOMO-Instance. I have one application and one database server and “LOAD DATA INFILE” is working with a small test-script and with the MATOMO-Database-User.

I’m also using MariaDB und NGINX with PHP7.2.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Best regards, Tom

I am using Debian 10.1 , php 7.3, matomo 3.11.0, mariadb 10.3
I solved it by adding this line to /etc/php/7.3/apache2/php.ini :
mysqli.allow_local_infile=1

2 Likes

I set this line in the MySQLI section and restarted PHP-FPM and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion!

For Ubuntu 20+

• edit your php.ini
  • uncomment line 1149 “mysqli.allow_local_infile = On”
  • sudo service apache2 restart

LOAD DATA INFILE should be now actively working.