License missing of a free GLP plugin

Hello!
After I updated Piwik from 2.16.0 to 2.17.0 (manual update) I get an error

License missing
You are using the following plugins without a license: CustomOptOut.
To resolve this issue either update your license key, get a subscription now or deactivate the plugin.
View your plugin subscriptions.

I don’t know how to get rid of this error. The plugin CustomOptOut is free available, so how can I get a subscription for it?
I already created an accout in the Marketplace, found my license key and entered it in Piwik. but the error is still there.

Any ideas?

Same here. PIWIK 2.17.1 / hosteurope / PHP 7.0.12 - Found you a solution?

No. Still no solution.

I assume you are talking about http://plugins.piwik.org/customoptout
(https://www.zwei-entwickler.de/)
That is a GPL3+ License

Sometimes developer build in a filecheck for the relevant license file in this case the gpl-3.0.txt file.
Is it still there? Should be in the package here: /misc/gpl-3.0.txt

This is just a guess.

As for the license itself it is normally free to use but it is also free to sell.

Where in Piwik does this message appear? There should be no license needed for this plugin and the message should not appear.

It would be also great to know the PHP version.

Can maybe someone test a change in plugins/Marketplace/Api/Client.php and replace in line 278 the code $result = $this->cache->fetch($cacheId); with $result = false; ? Does it still occur then?

Maybe also someone could allow us to debug this issue on your server? If so, please leave a comment and send us an email to hello at piwik.org

Also can you maybe access the Marketplace via “Administration => Marketplace” and let me know which plugins appear under “Paid plugins”?

Same error message with free cacheBuster 1.4.2:

License missing
You are using the following plugins without a license: cacheBuster.
To resolve this issue either update your license key, get a subscription now or deactivate the plugin.
View your plugin subscriptions.

Piwik 2.17.1 is running on HE server with PHP-5.6.
I already created an account in the Marketplace, found my license key and entered it in Piwik. but the error is still there.

Can maybe someone test a change in plugins/Marketplace/Api/Client.php and replace in line 278 the code $result = $this->cache->fetch($cacheId); with $result = false; ? Does it still occur then?

Yes, red message on top of page still occurs if accessing ‘Administration’

Also can you maybe access the Marketplace via “Administration => Marketplace” and let me know which plugins appear under “Paid plugins”?

Seems to be all available plugins free/ paid listed, same list as free plugins.

Thx + regards!

Just to be clear: Is the list under free plugins the same as the paid plugins?

I’m pretty sure we have found the issue and a fix will be available with the next release.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas

Yes, same list…
Sorry for late response…