Joomla Reinstall with Akeeba Backup & Matomo Installation

Hi Guys,

I have a Joomla 5.0.3 installation with Matomo 5.0.2. Needed to re-install the website - did that with the Akeeba Backup. Same domain, all works fine.

Matomo is not working anymore:

• Opening Matomo, getting “Oops… there was a problem during the request. Maybe the server had a temporary issue, or maybe you requested a report with too much data. Please try again.”

• Clicking on the Matomo settings - getting error 500.

• Deleted the Matomo config.ini.php - getting SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

• Maybe also worth to mention: The only thing, which has changed with the backup: The domain is now pointing to a new directory, where the Joomla installation is. In this Joomla installation, there is matomo installed in a sub-directory.

• The matomo database credentials are still the same and pointing to the matomo database.

• Fun fact: Some of the statistics are shown - like: last visitor profile with some data of the last visitor.

I am just an “experienced user” - what did I make wrong, how can I get matomo running again with the the old data of the matomo database?

New day - new luck.

Opened Matomo, and now everything is working. So obviously it was not an installation failure, it was a server hickup coincidentally at the same time I guess.