Joomla plugin does not work

Followed the link in the plugins to download and install the Joomla plugin and it fails on Joomla 3.8.6.

Hi,

It is probably the easiest way to contact the developer of the Joomla Plugin as it isn’t maintained by the Matomo team.

But if you just wan’t to integrate the tracking you probably don’t need it as you can simply copy the tracking script into some template, so it shows up in the head. But I don’t know how to do this in Joomla.

I figured that but since the developer has no way to contact them I thought maybe you should know so you could remove it from your plugins since clearly it does not do what it advertises since it wont even install.

I got it to install and load the JS but it’s in the footer. The instructions say put in head. Oh well, I’ll use my template instead.

I would think the developer of Matomo should take this over since the plugin developer is not keeping his updated.

Hi,

If the tracking code is in the footer or header doesn’t really matter as it is loaded deferred. Only if you are writing custom Matomo functions, you should put them after the tracking code.

Indeed, of all major CMS, joomla is the only one without an plugin that has been maintained in the last years. Unfortunately, I know nothing about joomla, but for someone who knows it well a plugin shouldn’t be that hard to create.

I just used my template for now which has placed it just above the GA code at the end of the head section. Works for me. Joomla is always overlooked. :frowning:

1 Like

@DaveOzric care to share what you did?
I have a number of sites on shared space and having issues with browser blocking because the tracking link is to another domain.
Looking to sort out where to best place this.
Thanks