Issue with UserCountry plugin after update to 1.10.1

Hello,

I updated my copy of Piwik automatically yesterday and noticed today that none of my sites were recording hits since I upgraded. After some troubleshooting I found that the issue was with the UserCountry plugin. After I disable the plugin, my sites begin to record hits again. When I click on the GeoLocation in Settings it get this error.

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 1.10.1) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc on line 627 

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:627]
#1 _geoip_seek_country(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:672]
#2 _get_org(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:694]
#3 geoip_name_by_addr(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\libs\MaxMindGeoIP\geoip.inc:698]
#4 geoip_org_by_addr(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider\GeoIp\Php.php:149]
#5 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp_Php->getLocation(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider\GeoIp.php:87]
#6 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp->isWorking(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider\GeoIp\Php.php:201]
#7 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider_GeoIp_Php->isWorking(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\plugins\UserCountry\LocationProvider.php:227]
#8 Piwik_UserCountry_LocationProvider::getAllProviderInfo(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\plugins\UserCountry\Controller.php:40]
#9 Piwik_UserCountry_Controller->adminIndex(...) called at [:]
#10 call_user_func_array(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\core\FrontController.php:138]
#11 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [D:\analytics.medcomkinetics.com\index.php:53

Can any of you help me fix this issue so I can enable the plugin again?

it sounds like maybe the GeoIP database .dat files might be corrupt. Could you try to upgrade these files again ?

when you upgraded did you also configure the Automatic Geoip upgrades in the UI or not ?

Hey there,

I’m having the exact same issue after a migration between servers. No visitors until I turn off the UserCountry plugin. But how exactly do I ‘upgrade’ the plugin? I tried to replace the folders with ones from a clean fresh zip archive, but that did not change anything…

I’m using the latest 1.12, btw, before and after moving. Thanks for any hint that you people might have…

pano

I opened a new thread as i am having another issue after migration: 301 Moved Permanently

sorry for the xpost