Issue with Matomo File Permissions, Broken CSS

Hi there,

I am recently noticing errors with Matomo WordPress plugin. My web host sees an error about the Matomo plugin and some PHP warnings. Inside the Matomo plugin, there are warnings about on-page JavaScript errors in the Real-time reports.

[Tue Mar 21 14:57:44 2023] [authz_core:error] [pid 30433:tid 140282271946496] [client . .. :] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /home/ // .nxcli.io/html/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/config/global.ini.php, referer http:// ***.com/wp-content/plugins/matomo/app/config/global.ini.php

According to the error log, it indicates a Permission Mismatch along with CHMOD permissions that is denying the Matomo Plugin Execution and resulting in more errors.

They found this error below is due to no default doc in the folder issue and .htaccess rules say don’t show all files in folder issue:

Cannot serve directory /home/***.nxcli.io/html/wp-admin/css/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.php,index.html,index.htm,default.html,default.htm,index.php,index.php) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer binance.com

It also says in Matomo tools:

10 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors. => CronArchive.php:631; CronArchive.php:624; CronArchive.php:278; Access.php:670; CronArchive.php:282; ScheduledTasks.php:332; class-wp-hook.php:306; class-wp-hook.php:332; plugin.php:565; wp-cron.php:188;

Currently we are running Matomo 4.14.1, having just updated. This is about as much as I understand about this issue, and I am unsure what to do next.

The web hosting provider suggests changing permissions as the resolution.

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Hi @Devyn_Brugge
Your provider seems right.
I saw in different places that some file permissions could be wrongly updated when updating Matomo.

Thanks. We’ve changed permissions and the issue is resolved!

1 Like