Issue after updating to PHP 5.6 & the latest Matomo

I have been using Piwik/Matomo for several years on my website hosted by Godaddy. I tried to update to the latest version. It required I update PHP first. I updated to PHP 5.6 and the system worked fine. I then updated to the latest Matomo and immediately received an error related to a color in a template. The error reads:

"An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template (“variable @color-green-piwik is undefined: failed at ‘color: @color-green-piwik;’ line: 3753”)

in

home/content/84/11506884/html/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/templates/getDefaultIndexView.twig line 7"

line 7 seems to be {% render dashboardSettingsControl %}

I disabled all plug ins, but it didn’t fix anything. I can’t find any templates with that variable or color. What should I be looking for to fix this?

Hi,

Seems like one of the updates didn’t replace all files.

The color should be defined in plugins/Morpheus/stylesheets/base/colors.less

So I guess the easiest way to fix this is to download the latest version from http://builds.matomo.org/matomo.zip and replace all files with the latest version.

BTW: You should update to PHP 7.1 or 7.2 as soon as possible as the older versions aren’t supported by the PHP team anymore and it will also make Matomo run quite a bit faster.