Is there any way to track text anchors?

I thought by enabling “Page URL fragments tracking” i.e. #'s in URLs would include text anchors, as the URL displays Create Your Website for Free — Website.com for example, however even in the detailed visitors log, anchors don’t seem to matter and Piwik still recognises the page as just website.com

Am I doing something wrong or is this not supported despite the option sounding like it does?

Hello
the page Anchors should be displayed in the Visitor log, but note that only when the URL with anchor was clicked from another page. if one clicks to an anchor in the same page, it won’t be tracked by Piwik. Maybe this is what confused you? If so, pleaselet me know and we’ll improve the documentation.

Wow, the man himself!

Yes I assumed all anchors would be tracked. Is there any way to track anchors within a page - or would there be - or is that something that Piwik does not and will not support?

The wiki does suggest that anchors work all round including when people bounce between anchors in the same page without reloading.

Thanks!

Yes I assumed all anchors would be tracked. Is there any way to track anchors within a page - or would there be - or is that something that Piwik does not and will not support?

Good question. I think it would make sense to provide an option for Piwik to automatically track clicks on anchors in the same page. feel free to create a feature request at: https://github.com/piwik/piwik/issues

The wiki does suggest that anchors work all round including when people bounce between anchors in the same page without reloading.

Do you mind pointing to the URL? I will try to improve the doc.

I will do, thanks. I am absolutely a HUGE fan of options; it should always be customer choice so I would never want it integrated flat out without the ability to toggle it as some people will rely on anchors to organise same-page content but they still consider it as one page; I’ll do that request later.

The wiki I used was How do I track the URL Hash tags so that the #hash appears in the Page URLs report, and in Visitor Log? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Thanks!