We have integrated piwik into our Joomla-based analytics reporting system, and have the following use-case:
- User logs into Joomla front-end
- User’s id and group memberships are tracked as custom session-scoped and page-scoped variables.
- Multiple users log in and log out of the Joomla front-end frequently from the same computer
- We would like to track each login as a unique visit, even if it falls within the session timeout
We are seeing the following:
- User A logs out of Joomla prior to session timeout
- User B logs into Joomla on the same computer, and then “usurps” the previous user’s visit, resulting in only 1 visit, attributed to User B
Ideally what would happen is:
- User A clicks on logout link
- User B logs in and a brand-new visit is logged, disregarding the Piwik session timeout
Is it possible to accomplish this use-case? Is there an API method available to terminate the visit?
San Francisco, CA